My First Analysis of Issue... Thanks in advance!!!

This topic has expert replies

please rate my essay

No votes
No votes
100%
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 1

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:660
"Some people believe that the best approach to effective time management is to make detailed daily and long-term plans and then adhere to them. However, this highly structured approach to work is counterproductive. Time managemetn needs to be flexible so that employees can respond to unexpected problems as they arise."

There are two trains of throught when it comes to effective time management. On one side some believe that effective time management is to make detailed daily and long-term plans and then adhere to them. On the other hand some believe that time management should be flexible so that employees can respond to unexpected problems when they arise. I believe in the former, that there should be ample amount of flexibility which in the long run will cut out wasteful processes and improve quality of work and product.

When management attempts adhere to detailed plans, they normally don't have the account various factors that can help reduce time and cost. For example, a 30 day development project can have two tasks, some of the processes involved might be similar to each other. However, based on a detailed plan the first task might be alotted 12 days whereas the second is allotted 18 days. If the developer had the appropriate amount of flexibility he could incorporate some of the similar aspects of development together shave a few days off of the second task by working on both tasks simultaneously. However this isn't possible according to stringent planning.

Although many critics cite the need for planning because it will lead to inefficiency and dissarray. A counter-argument is that inflexible planning will lead to haste and lower quality in work. For example, some employees work well under pressure of a deadline, however there are some that don't take well to high pressure. If Joe is on the assembly line making widgets. If he knows that the plan is for him to make a total of 100 widgets a day. By the end of the day he needs to stay within the plan he might cut a few corners to get his quota completed leading to an inferior product.

In summary, although some people believe that the best approach to effective time managemtn is to make detailed daily plans and adhering to them. I am in the belief that having a flexible planning schedule will lead to elimination of wasteful processes and higher quality of work.