Profile Evaluation Request

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation Request

by tk842 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:35 pm
Dear Sirs, Madams,

I would deeply appreciate you taking your time to evaluate my profile. Thank you so much in advance!

1. Demographics: South Korean Male, Age 27
2. Education:
- GMAT 730 (Q49 V41) - planning to retake early Dec (serious bowel issues during GMAT)
- GPA 3.17 @ NYU Stern (Double Major: Finance & Marketing)

3. Work Experience:

- 4 years 10 months at a regional Special Situations Private Equity firm. Responsibilities and achievements:
a) Responsibilities - investment side:
- Active throughout the investment process: Deal sourcing, analysis, structuring, execution and monitoring
- Analyzed over 200 candidate companies in Asia within the special situation bucket (highly distressed companies)

b) Responsibilities - operational side:
- Appointed as acting CEO and director of fund's flagship investment in a distressed manufacturing business
- Established overseas expansion into several overseas market, including the set up of 2 overseas offices
- Established OEM manufacturing operations and manufacturing process outsourcing
- Spearheaded the re-branding process for the company's flagship brand
- Reduced costs, boosted revenue and successfully transitioned company out of the distressed/restructuring phase into the growth phase
- Increase company valuation by 27%

4. Extra Curriculars:

- Executive Board Member: NYU Hong Kong alumni association - Organized various alumni events including partnering with Habitat for Humanity, Annual charity balls (proceeds went to Habitat for Humanity)
- Vice President: Stern Private Equity Club
- Selected as Hong Kong Representative for the Future Leaders Conference (South Korean leadership conference that selects around 150 applicants worldwide) - keynote presentation on the importance of culture for economies transitioning from undeveloped to developed.

5. Goals - To pursue an MBA and move into the Venture Capital space, where I can leverage my existing investment and operational skills to bring meaningful changes and make meaningful contributions to the human race.

I wish to apply to the following schools:

1. Harvard
2. Stanford
3. Wharton
4. MIT
5. Columbia
6. Chicago Booth
7. Northwestern Kellogg

Please let me know what your thoughts are! Thank you.

Regards,
Super Desperate Candidate

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:26 pm
it appears that the only relative weakness you have, for the schools you are applying, is your GPA. I am assuming that is why you are considering retaking your GMAT. You are aiming for the best, and applying to lots of schools. I think you should try to narrow that list down a little (5 in total perhaps) in order to really focus and put your best applications in, and consider adding a safety school, just in case. Of course, don't add in a school you would not attend, nor a school that can't get you to your goals. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/