Profile Evaluation

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by Ashlesha93 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:34 pm
I am a 25 year old female of Indian nationality working for one of the top banks in the US as a computer programmer (contractor - One of the top Indian MNC's). Below are some details which should help in evaluating my profile.

"¢ I have 4.5 years of IT experience as of now, which should be 5 + when I apply for the fall 2016 MBA. I have graduated from one of the top colleges in A.P, India which is graded AAA+. I have a 9.2 GPA on 10 scale, which is 3.7 on 4 scale (I suppose). Of my 4 years of total experience, I have worked in India for 3 years, and for the past 1 year I am working at the client end located in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.

"¢ I am a technical analyst in my current job, with subject matter expertise in the banking business. I have witnessed a rapid professional growth from team lead, to project lead, to onshore technical lead.

I am an enthusiastic social activist with my own NGO which provides free education to the under-resourced children, adopts homeless people and maps the source (monetary/non-monetary help from donators) to the destination (people in need). I was awarded as a changeagent by one of the NGO's in India for my contribution towards a village development in U.P, India. I have got selected for the prestigious Teach for India in the year 2012, which I could not take up as I was unable to gain a sabbatical from the company I was employed as I had only 2 years of experience. I was a member of NSS and Rotaract clubs.

I am an active sportsperson with history of 15 years from my secondary schooling till date with finest experience in throwball, shot put, long jump and tennikoit. I have won many titles for my college and the corporate company, including individual titles for best player in throwball. I have played in state, regional and corporate level games and was captain of the team in all those levels.

I have good academics, and hopefully a decent profile and work experience and I am so full of my passion which I can say the strongest asset I have. Having all these, made me try something more challenging, appealing and awesome. I was even advised by many of my friends and family members that I would do great in a business school. I have a strong thirst for my MBA, as I want to be an entrepreneur, which if doesn't work would step in Finance.

I aim at the top 10 schools in the USA and to be clear I want to study in the US only. The colleges I am aiming at are: Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Kellogg, Yale, Sloan, NYU Stern, Duke Fuqua, Tuck and the UCLA.

I have my exam in the month of May, and I am aiming at a 720 score.

So, where do I stand? Is my profile eligible enough to apply to any of the colleges mentioned above? I know that there is never an end to improve ourselves, but I hope adding a 720 score to my profile would help me in getting what I want. I am sure I am loaded with the confidence I want to get through, once I can get shortlisted to any of the colleges above. So, am I even close enough to get short listed?

Thanks for reading such a long story . Any advice would be highly helpful! Cheers! :D