Singapore Management University intake Jan, 2015

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I am looking at SMU 2015 intake. My profile is as follows:
1. work experience of 6 yrs (4 yrs at sea as a marine engineer, 2 yrs on shore in project management as as project engineer in India's most reputed Steel Company)
2. Academics: Gmat score: 590(2nd attempt), 10th - 89, 12th - 83, CGPA (BITS, PILANI) - 6.2/10
3. Worked with a local shipping company as well during my off-time from sea to help establish procedures and streamline business operations
4. Extra curricular: moderately impressive
5. Looking at R1 aplications.
Thanks

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:56 pm
About 22% of accepted applicants at SMU FT MBA program scored at 590 or lower, so it is possible, but more challenging to get into the Cox school with a 590. The problem you will face is that the average GMAT for your applicant pool is very high, so when put into the Indian Engineer bucket and compared to other applicants with a similar educational, work and cultural background, you will likely face an uphill battle. It's wise to go for round one, since this will increase your odds, but if I were you, I would spend some time this summer in a prep course and retake the GMAT, going for 650 or higher.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options