Will they let me start the test early? If so, how early?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi guys,

My prep is winding down (10 days to go!). I have an appoinment for 4:15pm on July 9th (a Wednesday)... not the time I would have picked for myself, but stupidly I waited until a week ago to schedule my appointment and it was the only thing available in any of my area test centers for another month.

People have reported showing up early and just being allowed to start once registration is out of the way. I took the test a year ago and it was this way, but I was only about a 30 minutes early... I'm wondering if I show up at 3pm if I will be able to start. Or if I call in the morning and ask if I can come early maybe they will say yes?

Anyone done this? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance! :)

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1535 members
GMAT Score:800
cjm47 wrote:Hi guys,

My prep is winding down (10 days to go!). I have an appoinment for 4:15pm on July 9th (a Wednesday)... not the time I would have picked for myself, but stupidly I waited until a week ago to schedule my appointment and it was the only thing available in any of my area test centers for another month.

People have reported showing up early and just being allowed to start once registration is out of the way. I took the test a year ago and it was this way, but I was only about a 30 minutes early... I'm wondering if I show up at 3pm if I will be able to start. Or if I call in the morning and ask if I can come early maybe they will say yes?

Anyone done this? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance! :)
i took my exam in san jose, ca, at 4:45pm on a friday, a time slot that i considered propitious. (the later the better in my lunarpowered world)

the test center staff actually called me on the day of the test and invited me to come in and take the test early. i politely declined, but they made it clear that i had carte blanche to come in early.

so yeah, you should just call the test center on the day of the exam and see what they tell you. if they hesitate, tell them you have to scram so you can make it to happy hour and then get a half price burger.
Ron has been teaching various standardized tests for 20 years.

--

Pueden hacerle preguntas a Ron en castellano
Potete chiedere domande a Ron in italiano
On peut poser des questions à Ron en français
Voit esittää kysymyksiä Ron:lle myös suomeksi

--

Quand on se sent bien dans un vêtement, tout peut arriver. Un bon vêtement, c'est un passeport pour le bonheur.

Yves Saint-Laurent

--

Learn more about ron