Another profile evaluation please!

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Another profile evaluation please!

by ashman843 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:44 am
Hi all,

Can someone please evaluate my profile and give me some sort of bearing on where I stand.

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 720 (Q47 V41)
Undergrad: Computer Science Engineering from a top 15 university based in India 7/10

Work experience: Currently completed 4 and a half years with the German company SAP which is one of the market leaders in ERP.
Job Profile: Fortunately (or not), I work in a division that allows me to function as both a developer and a consultant. A basic gist of my work is given below:

- Develop localized payroll solutions for companies based out of North America. These companies include both private and public sector companies.

- Consult on HR Management and payroll and tax related issues for several international companies. This involves helping clients file their legal documents like employee taxes, employer taxes etc and to ensure that they are legally complaint.

I was chosen by my company to represent it at SAP America headquarters in Palo Alto to interface with clients and consultants for two months. My duties involved providing functional and technical advice to ensure a smooth filing of Tax Returns for organizations, some of which have over 10000 employees and participate in meetings / teleconferences with clients to ascertain future requirements for the product. I represented the company both in 2010 and 2011, chosen as one of only two people from the entire team. I am also slated to go again at the end of this financial year for the same purpose. The contracts with most of my clients are worth millions of dollars.

I've also mentored a few junior colleagues over the years.

I have some extra-curricular activities but nothing stellar to speak of. I've worked in an NGO during my spare time in the past and was quite active in my university social clubs. But that's about it.

If you could give me your honest opinion about which schools are the realistic shots, the stretches and the safes, it would really help me get a bearing of where exactly I stand.

Thanks so much in advance!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:07 pm
You should have a shot at a top school, say anything in the top 15. SAP is a great name and the accolades you have received as well as the number of people you have worked with and served will help you stand out. Your applicant pool is very competitive, but international applications have been down in the US for the past couple of seasons, so it's a good time to apply.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options