Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by ashishprabhat » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:05 am
Hello,
Can you please evaluate my profile- RESUME ATTACHED

Acads:
Graduated from National Institute of Technology, Calicut, India (awarded the status of Institute of National Importance by Govt. of India) in Mechanical Engineering
CGPA- 7.2/10
GMAT- Plan to give in September

Work Experience
- Currently looking after Spare parts sales for Bajaj Vehicles ( 3 Wheelers and Bikes) for Asia and Egypt( Sri Lanka , Bangladesh , Philippines major markets). Total business worth 36 million Dollars a year. (Joined in may 2012)

- Asst Manager , Sales - Spare Parts and Accessories business , for 2 states for Hyundai Vehicles ( 1 year)
- Asst Manager , Sales and warehouse operations- spare Parts , Tata Commercial vehicles( 1 and half year)

Extra Curriculars

- Manager , Techfest , in the college
- Senior Executive , Literary and debating club in college
- Senior Executive , Mechanical Engineers Association in college

Post MBA Goal
I'd like to pursue a career in Marketing

I wish to apply to the following schools:
-Kellogg
-Darden
-Duke
-Ross
-Darden

Major question is whether I should apply this year or next year as my international work has just started.

Can you please tell my chances at the above listed schools? Also, if you feel there are schools I've not listed, but at which I've chances of admission, please suggest.

regards

Ashish Sharma
Attachments
Resume Latest.docx
(24 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:09 pm
Work experience is a little bit light, and since you are not taking GMAT until September, you likely will miss R1 deadlines. This makes me lean towards next year for you. As a bonus you will be able to deepen your international profile as you suggest.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options