One month left...Do I reach my goal?

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

One month left...Do I reach my goal?

by mandres02 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:23 pm
Dear all,

After spending some time alone, I started using the 60 day program as a good strategy to review everything in a systematic way. The point is that my highest score is 640 in one test and the other three test I have taken are around 600. I am using the Manhattan CATs for this report, and the math section is around 70% an the English section is around 75%

My idea is two reach 690 or so. Do I have a chance to get into this range of grade with one month of preparation and using the 30 days left on the 60 days program or should I postpone the test and find a different alternative and not take the risk to take the test until I am in this level?

Thanks a lot for your support.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:28 am
mandres02 wrote: My idea is two reach 690 or so. Do I have a chance to get into this range of grade with one month of preparation and using the 30 days left on the 60 days program or should I postpone the test and find a different alternative and not take the risk to take the test until I am in this level?
It sounds like you need a 50-90 point increase in one month. This kind of increase is definitely possible, but you'll need to work hard.

If you've already scheduled your test, you can still change the date (for a $50 fee) as long as you make the change more than 7 days before your scheduled test. Once you're within 7 days of your scheduled test date, it will cost you another $250 to reschedule.

Given this, here's my advice:

Don't worry about whether you have enough time to reach your target score. Just keep working at identifying and strengthening any weaknesses you may have. Then, when you're 8 or 9 days away from your scheduled test day, take an official GMATPrep practice test. At that time, if your score isn't close to your target score, you might want to consider rescheduling.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com