Sentence Correction not using Manhattan Guide?

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Sentence Correction not using Manhattan Guide?

by galak » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:32 pm
I heard the Manhattan SC guide was the bible for SC prep. How come the 60 day guide doesn't utilize the book? I know the very original 60 day day guide did use the manhattan guide, but was subsequently removed.

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:43 pm
galak wrote:I heard the Manhattan SC guide was the bible for SC prep. How come the 60 day guide doesn't utilize the book? I know the very original 60 day day guide did use the manhattan guide, but was subsequently removed.
Thanks
Good question.

First of all, the Manhattan SC books are great. That said, the Kaplan book is also a great resource.

The change to the 60-Day Study Guide was made to keep costs down to the students following the Guide.

Having said that, there's nothing preventing students from acquiring additional resources as they follow the Guide.

So, for example, if you purchase the MGMAT SC book, then on the days when students are directed to review SC concepts in the Kaplan book, you can review the same concepts in the MGMAT book.

The same goes for any other resources that you may wish to get to supplement your studies.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by galak » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:14 pm
Thanks for your answer Brent. The study guide has been extremely helpful. I finished the quantitative section last week and following the guide has provided me a great way to attack the different math topics.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:56 pm
galak wrote:Thanks for your answer Brent. The study guide has been extremely helpful. I finished the quantitative section last week and following the guide has provided me a great way to attack the different math topics.
Thanks for the feedback, galak!
I'm glad to hear that the Study Guide is working for you.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com