Profile evaluation for INSEAD Jan 2012 intake

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi,

I am Anshul Joshi from India.

I have a GMAT score of 680(VA-68%, QA-86%). TOEFL iBT 118

I have more than 5 yrs of work exp as HR Manager in reputed brands like Citibank, Merck with people management roles.

I have done my masters in Human Resources and bachelors in computers have grades that are excellent with 80% scores throughout.

My goal is joining a consulting firm and looking for getting admitted in INSEAD in Jan 2012 intake.

Please suggest.

Rgds
Anshul Joshi

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:9 members

by mbaMissionJessica » Thu May 26, 2011 12:49 pm
Hi Anshul -

I think that your GMAT may be a bit low for your demographic and for INSEAD, but it does not necessarily put the school out of reach. If you can position your work accomplishments to show real leadership and if you also have community service or engagement with the world outside of work, and can tell a strong and logical career story (how your past supports what you want to do in the future and why INSEAD is a bridge between the two), you could be competitive there.

Good luck,

Jessica
Jessica Shklar
Senior Consultant
mbaMission (www.mbamission.com)
646-485-8844

Sign up for a free consultation with mbaMission, the only admissions consulting firm that leading GMAT prep companies, ManhattanGMAT and Kaplan, recommend.
www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by reyanshul » Thu May 26, 2011 8:32 pm
Thanks Jessica.

My career progression has been pretty good in terms of positon, profile etc with good brand names. Also my involvement in extracurricular and social activties has been there throughout.

So do u think..i should go for it?

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:9 members

by mbaMissionJessica » Fri May 27, 2011 9:47 am
That's a decision only you can make, but I don't see any red flags that would concern me with your application (aside from the relatively low GMAT and demographic). Good luck!
Jessica Shklar
Senior Consultant
mbaMission (www.mbamission.com)
646-485-8844

Sign up for a free consultation with mbaMission, the only admissions consulting firm that leading GMAT prep companies, ManhattanGMAT and Kaplan, recommend.
www.mbamission.com/consult.php