Profile Evaluation

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by jawahar-jabeen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:16 pm
I am new to Gmat and planning to give up the test in couple of months.I am a Engineering graduate from a reputed University in Chennai. academics wise my schools scores are very good but my college scores are kind of average with some arrears and i cleared it and passed in first class only in the year 2005. then throu campus placements i entered ICICI Bank and now working in HCL whereas in my companies i have got good name. Also my extra-curricular activities are very good. I have represented Natuional level competitions and a sports person right from school age. I love dancing and havecompleted my arrangetram also.

Please let me know how much should i score in GMAT and also My college scores and arrears would affect my profile in mba admission. I am mainly looking at ISB.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:9 members

by mbaMissionJessica » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:47 pm
Thank you for your question.

My understanding is that ISB is particularly interested in very concrete, quantifiable accomplishments, and with your background it will be important to differentiate yourself from the other applicants in order to get accepted as well. While you did clear the arrears, so your college performance should not be viewed negatively, I think it would be helpful for you to focus very hard on the GMAT and try to score at the upper end of ISB's 80% range, or higher. Certainly above their mean.

Good luck!
Jessica Shklar
Senior Consultant
mbaMission (www.mbamission.com)
646-485-8844

Sign up for a free consultation with mbaMission, the only admissions consulting firm that leading GMAT prep companies, ManhattanGMAT and Kaplan, recommend.
www.mbamission.com/consult.php