Reading Comp Practive Test vs OG Verbal Review

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Today was supposed to be a day off from studying for me however, we got 10+ inches of snow + wind and the world pretty much shut down, soooooo I decided to take a run at a Princeton Review Practice Test.

I did horrible on RC (8/14 correct). I could tell during the test I could not follow the passages and at one time laughed after I read the passage (I was so lost). Anyway I have been using the OG Verbal Review 2nd Edt. for RC study (limited amount). I did 2 passages (#64-76) and got one wrong I was between the right answer and the one I chose.

Last weekend I did a Manhattan practice test and did well on all verabl (including RC).

Does anyone else have a similar experience or have anything to add about the verabl section of the Princeton Review practice test? I am working on my verbal about 65% of the time right now, a decent showing in the verbal should give me the score I need.

Thanks,

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:20 members

by Isaac@EconomistGMAT » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:48 pm
Hi

Simply go on the 11th and 12 Editions of the Official Guide. Although these are a bit easier than the real thing they should provide you with a good idea as to your skills. Of course also do the Test Preps - these also give you a fair idea of your skills. If you can handle the RC there, you should be fine.

You can also check us out! Everything we put out is based on real materials, on a serious analysis of every question and answer choice of real GMAT material.

The main thing to remember though is that if you performance is quite good over an array of materials, including official material then you should be ok.
Isaac Bettan
Academic Director
Master GMAT
https://econgm.at/EconomistGMAT
[youtube]QBNZczg84tU[/youtube]