knewton vr 5

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

knewton vr 5

by pradeepkaushal9518 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:49 am
Automobile Insurance Company Y is considering issuing a new family-friendly policy to parents with children under the age of 20. This policy would cover any damage to a vehicle incurred by both the parent and his or her children. Premiums for the policy must be low enough to attract customers. Therefore, Company Y is concerned that the income from the policies would not be sufficient to pay for the claims that would be made.

Which of the following strategies would be most likely to minimize Automobile Insurance Company Y's losses on the policies?

A Attracting parents with younger children who are unlikely to cause vehicular damage until they are of driving age.
B Turning down drivers who have received greater than the average number of moving or non-moving violations.
C Including more flexible add-on options than are included in other policies of lower cost.
D Insuring only those drivers who were rejected by other companies for similar policies.
E Insuring only those drivers who are wealthy enough to pay for the damages.
A SMALL TOWN GUY

Legendary Member

by goyalsau » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:27 am
pradeepkaushal9518 wrote:Automobile Insurance Company Y is considering issuing a new family-friendly policy to parents with children under the age of 20. This policy would cover any damage to a vehicle incurred by both the parent and his or her children. Premiums for the policy must be low enough to attract customers. Therefore, Company Y is concerned that the income from the policies would not be sufficient to pay for the claims that would be made.

Which of the following strategies would be most likely to minimize Automobile Insurance Company Y's losses on the policies?

A Attracting parents with younger children who are unlikely to cause vehicular damage until they are of driving age.
B Turning down drivers who have received greater than the average number of moving or non-moving violations.
C Including more flexible add-on options than are included in other policies of lower cost.
D Insuring only those drivers who were rejected by other companies for similar policies.
I think it should be in b/w A and E
I would like to go for E
What's the OA.

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by pradeepkaushal9518 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:30 am
OA later after some discussion

why E drivers will pay for damage but insurance company have to pay the heavy claim na boss. so the company will be in loss
A SMALL TOWN GUY

Legendary Member

by goyalsau » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:42 am
pradeepkaushal9518 wrote:Automobile Insurance Company Y is considering issuing a new family-friendly policy to parents with children under the age of 20. This policy would cover any damage to a vehicle incurred by both the parent and his or her children. Premiums for the policy must be low enough to attract customers. Therefore, Company Y is concerned that the income from the policies would not be sufficient to pay for the claims that would be made.

optoin A -Attracting parents with younger children who are unlikely to cause vehicular damage until they are of driving age.
It is saying that insuring only those customers who are unlikely to ask for a claim. Means they are not certain. If they ask for a claim then policy will not be beneficial for the company.

options E - Insuring only those drivers who are wealthy enough to pay for the damages.
If company only insure those customers who will not ask for claim on any damages They this policy will definitely be beneficial for Company

Please share you view if you don't agree to me.

Legendary Member
Followed by:3 members

by diebeatsthegmat » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:44 am

A is my answer, this CR is like the CR question 58 page 484 in OG 11
E is out of scope. why do they want to buy insurance while they can have enough money to pay for damages?

Legendary Member
GMAT Score:570

by reply2spg » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:56 am
I think we decided to disagree with each other :)

About A let's say childeren are not going to drive then what is the use of going for family policy? Don't you think parent will go for individual policy?

I will go for B. People who are received more violations than others are prone to do more accidents. In that case pay off for those people will be more. If insurance company turn them down, then company will save money on them and use those people premium amount for new family insurance.
diebeatsthegmat wrote:

E is out of scope. why do they want to buy insurance while they can have enough money to pay for damages?
Sudhanshu
(have lot of things to learn from all of you)

Legendary Member

by goyalsau » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:19 am
diebeatsthegmat wrote:

I think it is a very valid Point that why they want to go for customers if they can afford to pay for Damage
But we are not concerned Whether The policy will be successful or Not.
We are More Concerned if There is a single customer and Company Does not want to pay loss on that customer than what should be the policy
Then I think E is the Best.

Legendary Member

by reply2spg » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:25 am
How can you define who is wealthy and who is not? Let's say there are 100 eligible people who can get insurance and only 1 person is wealthy, will you give policy to one person or to remaining 99?
goyalsau wrote:
diebeatsthegmat wrote:

I think it is a very valid Point that why they want to go for customers if they can afford to pay for Damage
We are More Concerned if There is a single customer and Company Does not want to pay loss on that customer than what should be the policy
Sudhanshu

Legendary Member

by goyalsau » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:32 am
reply2spg wrote:How can you define who is wealthy and who is not? Let's say there are 100 eligible people who can get insurance and only 1 person is wealthy, will you give policy to one person or to remaining 99?
goyalsau wrote:
diebeatsthegmat wrote:

If i want to play safe i will definitely be giving policy to 1 person. in comparison to give policy to 99 person and actually bear loss after that. Company is more interested in earning than any other thing.

Legendary Member

by reply2spg » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:35 am
KUDOS to you :)
goyalsau wrote:
reply2spg wrote:How can you define who is wealthy and who is not? Let's say there are 100 eligible people who can get insurance and only 1 person is wealthy, will you give policy to one person or to remaining 99?
goyalsau wrote:
diebeatsthegmat wrote:

If i want to play safe i will definitely be giving policy to 1 person. in comparison to give policy to 99 person and actually bear loss after that. Company is more interested in earning than any other thing.
Sudhanshu

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:690

by singhsa » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:50 am
IMO E too.

Why don't you give the OA?

Legendary Member

by goyalsau » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:15 am
singhsa wrote:IMO E too.

Why don't you give the OA?
You are absolutely Right,
Brother its good if you the OA now.