Read the scholarship essay from: humblewinner

This topic has expert replies

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members
Here is humblewinner's essay submission. If you wish to vote for humblewinner, please refer to the online poll by clicking here. Be sure to read all the applicant essays carefully prior to voting because you only get one vote.

Two scholarship winners will be decided via online poll by May 20, 2006! Only registered users can vote, so register today--it's free.

---

Why do you deserve the Beat The GMAT! Scholarship?

The topic why I deserve Beat The GMAT! scholarship, provoked me to think hard why I deserve this scholarship. It is especially interesting to me because I would have liked all my friends in this forum to win. However after careful analysis, I believe that I deserve this scholarship. Let me briefly summarize why I want to do an MBA and then follow it with my argument.

I am an idealistic person who strongly believes that it is the responsibility of private corporations and individuals to contribute towards the welfare of a society. Whether it is garnering relief material during times of natural disaster or spreading literacy in the remote villages of Africa , only when companies go beyond the narrow confines of quarterly reports and margins we could see a better world. I want an MBA to gain the required skills in starting an NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) which would help corporations to realize this and contribute towards the betterment of society.

There are many good reasons to argue why I deserve this scholarship. I am a hard working and motivated individual with clear goals. I will make the best use of this scholarship to succeed in GMAT which will help me get into a good MBA program. I will also share my experience and knowledge with others in this forum. Perhaps the strongest reason to my candidacy for this scholarship is that since I am aspiring for a career in the non-profit sector, I would benefit from every penny I can save. Beat The GMAT! scholarship will go a long way in supporting me to realize my ultimate dream.

Irrespective of whether I win Beat The GMAT! scholarship or not, I want to thank Eric for this wonderful forum where GMAT aspirants like me can discuss and learn from others.
Last edited by beatthegmat on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by humblewinner » Mon May 08, 2006 5:50 am
Dear Friends,

I hope I was able to make my case with a short essay as I had to honor the word limit of 300, my essay is 300 words long.

Hope you support me!

Regards,