hi stacy. pl advice

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

hi stacy. pl advice

by ferns » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:56 pm
Hi Stacy!!
Needed some advice. I have completed my BE in Comp Sci 2003(4 yr degree) and MSW in HR(2 yr Degree) 2006 .. i worked for 6 months in an IT company as a HR. THrough my college years I have been involved with NGO's. attended several conferences both national and international. Have tken leadership in college. Have good grades. I am yet to do my GMAT.Have plenty of extra curricular activities. Are all these considered as what one looks for in a Grad for the top 10 B Schools... Is there anything i lack that may be important to these schools.

Basically, I would like to know if i could consider the Top 10 B Schools with my profile...

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:16 am
Hi ferns,

Are you saying you only have six months of work experience? One important component to the application is work experience and demonstrated leadership qualities and management potential - generally gained through professional experiences for most applicants. There is a pool of students coming straight from undergrad, but it sounds like you are in-between the applicants with full time work experience and those applying in their senior year of college. If that is true, I would work for at least another year, and try to gain as much responsibility and leadership experience as possible.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting