Need your advice regarding the admissions process

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Stacy/Amy -

I plan on re-taking the gmat the first week of november. I would feel a whole lot better even if I break a mid 600 score.

Anways, I'm still headstrong on applying to both NYU and Columba. I'll be a re-applicant for NYU's full time fall 08 program, and wanted your advice. I have a really strong background (graduated with a 3.75, 5.5 years out of college, working for jpmorgan since undergrad - 2 year leadership progam and I've been working in the private equity industry). If i break a 600 on my next gmat exam, do you think i should apply for round 1 for NYU (nov 15 deadline) or wait until round 2 (jan 15)??? I read the sticky regarding rd 1 and rd 2, but I'm still confused! I just really want to get admitted for next year and submit my app when I have the greatest cxhance.

Can you please advise?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:56 am
Hi Nisha1218,

We think that there isn't a large enough difference in your chances for R1 vs R2 to sacrifice any element of your application to make the R1 deadline.

Was NYU able to give you any feedback on your application last year? I think either round will be good for you.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting