Please appraise my profile. Thanks!

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Please appraise my profile. Thanks!

by ratindasgupta » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:59 am
Hi Amy,

I'm a 25yr old male from India. I've got roughly 5 years of advertising experience in the creative profile (writer). i'd like to do an MBA in marketing/entrepreneurship as my interests lie there, especially in entrepreneurship.

Since I'm from India, my grades are incompatible in the GPA format (I have a non engineering background), but I would reasonably place it above 3.0

I've got excellent work experience. I've created advertising campaigns for some of the biggest accounts in the world (Colgate, Coca-Cola, Johnson & Johnson to name a few).

I'm currently a creative head in Young & Rubicam and I lead a team of 8 people.

As far as extracurriculars go, I play a whole bunch of music instruments and i also sing. Have sung in 3 bands.

I've also run my own ad agency for 2 years while still working. I also started a little venture (non-profit) where I source biodegradable plates and bowls and supply them to local restaurants. 3 restaurants have shifted from styrofoam products to these environmentally friendly ones.

My short term goal is to work in brand management and in the long term i wish to start my own venture.

My GMAT score is 680.

My target schools are (in order of preference)

1. Columbia
2. Kellogg
3. Fuqua
4. Johnson
5. Darden
6. Ross

Waiting for your feedback.

Thanks a million.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:49 pm
Hi ratindasgupta,

Your profile overall sounds strong. It sounds like you have a fascinating background and I think you could write compelling essays based on your experience. Your academic profile isn't phenomenal, but it's solid.

I think it's definitely worth applying to the array of schools you are looking at. Darden and Kellogg may be especially good fits for you, but I also think that schools that are more traditionally finance oriented (e.g. Columbia) can be a great fit for people with a creative background because of the strong quantitative academics you will gain.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by ratindasgupta » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:33 pm
Dear Amy,

Thank you so much for your assessment. Your positive appraisal has given me a lot of confidence!

I'm in the process of crafting my essays and i should make it to round 1 of half my preferred colleges.

Thanks once again!

Regards,
Ratin.