How soon do you need to respond to the school once accepted?

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi there,

I need your help and direction for the situation I might land myself into. I am applying to three top 10 schools for the 2008 season (one application applied in round 1, other two to follow in round 2).

Once you hear back from a school that you have been accepted, how much time do you have to get back to them if you would be joining their program or not?

I am in a dilemma since my second choice school's decision will come in seven-eight weeks before my first choice school's decision. I want to avoid the situation where I get into my second choice school and need to get back to them before my first school decision has come in.

Please provide any guidance on how best to handle this situation. Any insight into how much time on average do top schools give to get back to them after sending out an acceptance will be very valuable as well.

Best Regards,
Cdeneo

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:46 am
Hi Cdeneo,

It actually varies by school. Most schools will give you some time, at the very least a month, so your second choice school may allow up to eight weeks. You can call the admissions office and ask them (without saying why you want to know) to be sure.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Cdeneo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:09 pm
Thanks Amy for getting back to me. I will get in touch with the school to find out what their policy on the same is.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Cdeneo