Question

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Question

by kbyuan » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:03 pm
I really want to get into either the UCLA or USC part time program.

My question is, if I don't get accepted this time around, what are the chances for re-applying applicants? If I don't get in this year, have I ruined my chances for the future? If this is true, should I wait until next year to apply, when I will possibly have a better GMAT score and more work experience?

My GMAT score is a 660, but I am taking it again in 3 weeks. Currently have 4 years of work experience. GPA is 2.95 from UCLA.

Your opinion is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Brian

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:47 am
Hi Brian,

There is no disadvantage to re-applying when you have a stronger application. Schools do look for a difference in your application for the second time, so submitting the same profile the second time around won't make a huge difference for you, but candidates who re-apply are not disadvantaged at all.

Unless you are promoted this year, another year of work experience probably won't make a huge difference. Improving your GMAT is always helpful, but may not require another year of effort.

If you want to apply next year you can always take classes to mitigate your low GPA, and engage in meaningful extracurriculars to improve your candidacy.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting