Application Question

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Application Question

by dmagnia » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:20 pm
Ma'am,

With regards to the application should the core questions such as employment be treated with the same uniqueness and creativity as the essays? Understand that they are pretty straight forward questions (skills acquired, responsibilities etc.) so just seeking clarification so I am not writing a series of bullet comments regurgitating my resume. Thanks!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:16 am
Hi dmagnia,

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. Writing an essay and filling in basic information on a form are two entirely different tasks.

In my opinion the uniqueness and creativity of the essays should really be about the examples you use and the introspection and maturity you display - and clearly having space for 200 characters about your job responsibilities is not the same venue to tell a story and relate an important insight about oneself.

That being said, you should be clear and concise about your job responsibilities while taking every opportunity to show your leadership abilities and management potential. It's similar to how you would treat a resume.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting