STACY/AMY - Distraught About MBA Admissions Feedback

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi Stacy/Amy,
I just had my feedback session with a MBA school yesterday and am very distraught about what I found out. The school's main concern was my quantitative score on my GMAT, given that I didn't have a quant. heavy undergrad. But as I was speaking to the adcom member, we discovered together that the school used my old test score and not my last and highest test score that overall is 90 points higher. Of course, I understand that there aren't any guarantees that I would have been admitted with my highest score but the score was within range (30pts.) of the school's average. When we reviewed the rest of my app., everything else was fine and competitive. Have you heard of a similar situation? Is there anything that I should do in light of this new information? I don't think there is much that I can do or change but I would still appreciate your thoughts on my situation.

Thank you so much,
Distraught Applicant

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:43 pm
Hi mochi,

That's really unfortunate about the mistake with your GMAT. I don't think there is much that can be done at this point, unless you were waitlisted. I'm sure the person giving you the feedback would have told you if you had any recourse.

I would definitely suggest reapplying, and perhaps you will be admitted this year.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by mochi » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:41 pm
Amy,
Actually, I was waitlisted...do you think this changes any recourse that may take place? I've followed up with the adcom about the situation and am waiting for a response.
Please let me know what you think.

Thank you.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:45 pm
Hi mochi,

I'm sure they will take the corrected GMAT score into account as they evaluate the remaining slots on the waitlist and the candidates waiting.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting