Needs expert help to select colleges and prepare app

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Hi,

I am done with my GMAT and got 590, not a very great score but i am ok with it. I have got around 12 years of experience in Mechanical and IT and planning to do my MBA in 2010-2011. ISB is my target as of now but i may not shy away from some other good institute outside india that could add value to my profile.

Need helps and suggestions in order to select colleges i should apply and somebody who could help me out doing the app part for the selected colleges.

Please help me out on this.

regards,
ash_maverick

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:19 pm
While your GMAT is below average for top tier schools, I always recommend you go to the best school you can get into. In other words, don't target schools based on your score, target schools based on their culture and potential fit into your vision. Remember that the posted average GMAT scores are just that--averages and you will find a much broader range of scores across all admitted students. The distribution will even have outliers in the 6th sigma of low 500's or even 400's in some cases (yes I know personally of someone who got into a top 5 school with a 490 GMAT). It really has to do with your application as a whole and whether you can "make up for" shortcomings in one area with excellence in another. There are a number of really good consulting groups out there to help with your applications, many of whom can be found on this website or with google. I applaud your seeking help, which will come in handy since you have posted a lower score. Good luck!
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options