Question about when to send test scores

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:740

Question about when to send test scores

by foncia » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:42 am
Does anyone know when to send GMAT and TOEFL scores to business schools?

I wasn't sure if a copy or a self-reported gmat score would be sufficient before an interview decision is issued. There aren't any answers on this anywhere.

More specifically, LBS, Oxford, Cambridge.

Thanks!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by Sophia007 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:45 pm
Hi Foncia,

Typically, you do not send a copy of GMAT/ TOEFL scores to the school. GMAT / TOEFL scores are directly sent to the universities by the test taking authorities. The reason being - the examination folks do not want anyone to tamper with the scores until they reach the University.

When you started your test, you must have entered 5 schools you wanted to 'apply' to - your scores are directly mailed to these universities.

In case, you change your mind and want to apply to MORE schools, then you have to call up the GMAT/TOEFL authorities, pay additional amount and request them to send the scores to the other schools.

Hope this helps! Good luck.
Sophia Pathak| Admissions Consultant |

If my post was helpful, let me know by pushing the thanks button.:) Please free to directly email me at [email protected]. ANY questions are welcome! check out what others have to say about their experience with me https://mymbamentor.com/?page_id=31