Averaging 1 wrong question per Passage, Good??Bad??Advice?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I was hoping someone could guide me as to how well I'm doing in Reading Comprehension. I have 4 weeks left until G-Day. Right now I've done about 90 RC questions from OG 11tth edition, and I'm averaging only one wrong question per passage. I feel pretty comfortable with Reading Comprehension and think it's one of my stronger verbal subjects. Does anyone know if I'm on a strong path with RC or should I put a lot more into it for prep? Any advice would be great. Thanks!!!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by indir0ver » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:33 am
we are in same boat as i am appearing in 4 weeks also.

you are doing bad, am sorry if it is straightway answer. this is reality if you are targetting above 650 because regularly wrong questions will penalise your score wrongly. for example, 1 is right, 2,3,4,answers are wrong..that means you are performing bad continuously and computer will keep on lowering your difficulty level.

It has happened same with me at first attempt, after that i stopped solving Reading comprehensions.
Start with manhattan's reading comprehension and critical reasoning guide. sit and read that properly so that you know what they are talking about...forget solving questions till you know the basic how GMAT questions you.
OR
follow a MLIC consultancy module v guide how to crack reading comprehension.

NEVER forget to make notes while reading passage.
thre are ample resources on this site also. try to browse more , read how people learnt and then try to implement tht.

hope that will help. good luck.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by riteshbindal » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:32 pm
Hi Indirover,

I think you misread the question here. Maximus is saying that he is doing 1 wrong per passage and you have explained it considering that he is doing 1 right per passage :)

Maximus, I think you are doing pretty good over here. However my suggestion will be to find out the type(s) of questions you are doing wrong and study for it. Four weeks are enough to correct out this issue.
All the best! :D

Legendary Member

by ketkoag » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:52 am
make sure that u do questions under timed conditions...
time is what that makes a question troublesome....