Question regarding other schools one is applying to

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi,

In some B-schools apps there is a question where they ask "Which other schools are you applying to and why?"

How should this be approached ? Can we leave this blank, does that affect one's app ?

Thanks

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:32 pm
This is information that the committee uses to see which schools applicants consider "the competition" and can come in to play, for example, if you are a highly desirable candidate to whom they might want to consider offering you financial incentive to choose thier school. Some applicants get a little freaked out about passing on this information, but as a former committe member at a top five school, I can honestly say this information was never used against the applicants and as far as I recall, would only have entered into the decision making process in cases that it would have benefitted the applicants. Hope this helps.
Bryant Michaels

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by virgo80 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:28 pm
would it effect my application if I don't put in anything ?

Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:34 pm
nope, shouldn't affect your application to withold that information, some, however think it an advantage to let them know other schools they are considering, especially if those other schools are well respected. Not a problem at all to leave it out, though, so don't sweat it.
Bryant Michaels

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options