critically analyze my analysis of an issue on ADVICE

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
thanks for your reply. I really appreciate
“The best way to give advice to other people is to find out what they want and then advise them how to attain it.”
Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the opinion expressed above. Support your point of view with reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.
The issue of the best way to give advice is a controversial one. On one hand, advice is a suggestion that a person gives to someone on basis of a his own experience. On the other hand, the person acquiring advice wants to hear something that really helps him to achieve his goal. In my opinion, a person giving advice should know the final goal that the other person is trying to achieve and then share his own views.
The chief reason of my believe can be explained with the help of an example. If you go to a senior employee in office who has been working in the same department for a long time and discussed a problem and ask for some advice to overcome the problem. The advice given by senior employee will benefit you if and only if he considers your circumstances and take into consideration the resources available to you. Otherwise, you might not be able to implement it and it has no use to you. For-example. If you are working as a customer services manager. Recently, the number of clients calls per day has increased and you are looking for strategies to effectively deal with this situation. And if, the senior manager advice you to hire a new customer services representative to share the burden of inceasing calls and your department budget is already in deficit and you can’t afford hiring a new employee. In this case the advice given to you is of no use because the senior employee has not considered what you want. Therefore, it is important to find out what people want and then advise them accordingly.
Sometimes, if people are looking for some help in making a decision about their career then the person advising should take into consideration the aptitude of the person before giving advice. For example, if a person has no interest in arts and you advice him to study fine arts then it will be of no use. Therefore, advice