Gmat Math Book Question?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Gmat Math Book Question?

by Zohebh786 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:50 pm
I was looking over the recommended book section you had given and was wondering if it was worth buying the purple and green books if you have the yellow one? Will they give you the same questions or are they different? Also, any other math gmat books that are closest to the test questions?

If this was a repeated question, my apologies.

Thanks

-Zoheb

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:710

by mike22629 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:36 am
The different books all have different questions. And the closest questions are definitely the OG. For math, I guess second might be MGMAT, but they are considerably more difficult than the actual test. Basically, OGs and GMAT Prep most accurate.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1535 members
GMAT Score:800

Re: Gmat Math Book Question?

by lunarpower » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:40 am
Zohebh786 wrote:I was looking over the recommended book section you had given and was wondering if it was worth buying the purple and green books if you have the yellow one? Will they give you the same questions or are they different? Also, any other math gmat books that are closest to the test questions?

If this was a repeated question, my apologies.

Thanks

-Zoheb
as the poster above said, there is 0% overlap between the main OG (whether the 11th or 12th edition) and the green and purple supplements.

however, there is a HUGE degree of overlap between the 11th (yellow-orange-ish) and 12th editions of the OG. the overlap is between 70% and 80%, if i remember correctly. therefore, if you already have the 11th edition, it's probably not worthwhile to get the 12th edition, and vice versa.

--

our MGMAT BOOKS are not substitutes for the official guides; they're altogether different.

our quant books are basically CONTENT GUIDES, almost like textbooks. they're meant to teach and/or review the material, which you THEN take into the problems in the OG's.
in fact, our books contain indexed lists of the OG problems in the back, to which you can refer for official practice problems once you've completed the drill problems in the books.
Ron has been teaching various standardized tests for 20 years.

--

Pueden hacerle preguntas a Ron en castellano
Potete chiedere domande a Ron in italiano
On peut poser des questions à Ron en français
Voit esittää kysymyksiä Ron:lle myös suomeksi

--

Quand on se sent bien dans un vêtement, tout peut arriver. Un bon vêtement, c'est un passeport pour le bonheur.

Yves Saint-Laurent

--

Learn more about ron