extracurriculars/resume

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:380

extracurriculars/resume

by stacyp0220 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:03 pm
should i list my extracurriculars on my resume or on a separate document? i dont know if i should solely put my work experience in addition to my activities on the same sheet.

thanks!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:50 pm
Like so many things...it depends.

Some applications have a section specifically for extra-curricular activities; if that is your case, then just list them there.

If not, and your activities are significant, I would create a separate section of your resume and treat them as a work experience (with Situation-Action-Result, etc.). Extra-curricular activities, particularly after college, are often great showcases for solid leadership, fund raising, etc.

If your XCs don't involve significant leadership, etc., then I would put them under the "Other" section of your resume (or whatever you happen to be calling it).

I hope this helps--

Paxton
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Paxton

Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at [email protected].

To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically: https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html