please advise

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

please advise

by sparkjones » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:15 am
hello, i am 29, and interested in applying to business schools, however I do not have any quantitative math courses on my college transcript. I was told it would be good to take some math courses this summer to bolster my applications. Can you recommend good courses to take? Ive been told that courses in "finite math" would be best. Is this algebra? And does it matter if i take these courses at a community college vs a private institution?

thanks in advance for you advice.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

Math Classes to Take

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:36 pm
I would recommend that you take:

- Statistics

- Calculus

- Accounting

- Microeconomics

- Macroeconomics

The first four are the most important.

I wouldn't worry too much about a community college vs. a private institution. Just do well, learn the intuition behind the concepts (especially differential calculus and accounting --you REALLY want to have those clear when you start), and start taking the classes soon enough that you will be able to point to them when you apply.

Good Luck--

Paxton
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Paxton

Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at [email protected].

To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically: https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html