OG SC111

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

OG SC111

by moadhia » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:21 pm
As a baby emerges from the darkness of the womb with a rudimentary sense of vision, it would be rated about 20/500, or legally blind if it were an adult with such vision.

(A) As a baby emerges from the darkness of the womb with a rudimentary sense of vision, it would be rated about 20/500, or legally blind if it were an adult with such vision.
(B) A baby emerges from the darkness of the womb with a rudimentary sense of vision that would be rated about 20/500, or legally blind as an adult.
(C) As a baby emerges from the darkness of the womb, its rudimentary sense of vision would be rated about 20/500; qualifying it to be legally blind if an adult.
(D) A baby emerges from the darkness of the womb with a rudimentary sense of vision that would be rated about 20/500; an adult with such vision would be deemed legally blind.
(E) As a baby emerges from the darkness of the womb, its rudimentary sense of vision, which would be deemed legally blind for an adult, would be rated about 20/500.

OA is D.

I got it right but I don't know the exact reason why B and E should be ruled out. B and E don't sound right.

Can anyone explain ??

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by arjunn7 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:30 pm
" its " in E is not clearly referring to Baby.

It is for baby or Womb ?? u cannot specify from this option.
Work Hard till You succeed.. N even after that..!!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Re: OG SC111

by insanejuxtapose » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:54 am
A baby emerges from the darkness of the womb with a rudimentary sense of vision that would be rated about 20/500, or legally blind as an adult.

I think the problem here is that the rudimentry sense of vision seems to be rated either 20/500 or as legally blind as an adult where as the correct meaning to be implied is that the baby is deemed legally blind if its an adult and not the rudimentry sense of vision being deemed as legally blind.

This confusion should help us eliminate B I hope.