100%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 1

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

AoI - Should Parents pay Taxes?

by jeril842002 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:53 am
Hi All,
This is my first Analysis of an Issue Essay. I would very much appreciate your effort in analyzing it and pointing out the errors.

Question: "Some people argue that those who do not send their children to public schools should not have to fund these schools through taxes, since neither parents nor children benefit from these schools. They ignore the fact that everyone benefits from the strong economy that a well-educated populace generates."

Essay:(298 words)

The topic is whether the parents sending their children to schools other than public schools should pay taxes benefitting public schools or not. I think those parents should definitely pay taxes. There are many benefits in paying rather than not paying.

First of all, as mentioned in the topic itself, everyone benefits from the strong economy that a well-educated populace generates. So if the taxes are paid for such schools then in turn the population coming out of it would be better equipped and educated. This in turn would benefit the society as a whole.

Secondly, many of the students who join public schools are from family who are economically well-off. So if the taxes are paid then they will directly benefit such kids. Tax collected for such schools can be used for computer education, free meals, uniforms, books, notebooks etc. All these would give them a fair chance to compete with children studying in private schools.

Thirdly, as these kids would be getting free education their parents would tend to send them to school rather than force them into child labour. When the younger generation is well-educated, then the future society will also be stronger. So when seeing from a bird view perspective, it would be beneficial for the society that more child participate in the basic education than join child labour etc.

Fourthly, the economically well-off parents can consider these taxes as an instrument of philanthropy because their hard-earned money will benefit many less fortunate children. Money wisely invested is money wisely gained. So such parents should think of these taxes as an investment wherein the future society will benefited.

When all the above factors are considered I come to a conclusion that these taxes are definitely important for growth of the society and the country.