GMAT score time?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT score time?

by jlac » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:04 pm
I'm looking to apply to the Rady School at UCSD which has an R2 deadline of 3/9 and an R3 deadline of 4/27.

I can get the application together in time for that but I'm not sure when I'd have to take the GMAT in order to have my score ready before deadline?

by ardit » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:16 pm
It takes two weeks for the school to receive the official score. What you can do and many schools suggest is to send them your score via fax/email(scan) right after you finish it. So do the application without the gmat, do the gmat, send them the unofficial score and most schools will start looking at your application immediately at that point. If they take a decision to accept you before receiving the official score then they'll wait for it and then confirm with you that you've been accepted.

Of course you should confirm all of the above with Rady School.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:06 pm
As ardit said, you should definitely call the school to confirm. Please let us know what they say too. Good luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by jlac » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:21 pm
Thanks to Eric and ardit!

I'm going to an Open House on Saturday so I'll ask then, I just didn't want to look like an idiot if it was one of those totally obvious questions.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:05 am
J - that is what open houses are for! make sure you get all your questions answered, esp anything that might show up on your essays. that is one area (along with your interview) where you dont want to have the wrong info!

regards,
N
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep

by jlac » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:06 pm
Just wanted to report that I went to the open house and all is well. I can take the GMAT up to a couple weeks after the admission deadline and still be considered for this round of apps. I just need to fax over the results on the day I take it.