Top 30 MBA schools with the highest rate of <1yr wrk expe

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi, This is my first post, but have used the site for a while now. I was wondering if you guys know the of the top 30 MBA programs, which have the highest acceptance of applicants with less than a year full time work experience. I appreciate the help. Thanks

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:43 am
If you are still in school, you can look into the HBS (Harvard) 2+2 program as an MBA option right out of undergrad.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

by naveen_ib » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:12 pm
Check out London Business School's one year Masters in Management program. This is particularly aimed at students who have less than 1 yr experience. www.london.edu/mastersinmanagement.html

I know Stanford also takes people with less than one year experience, but you need to be a star.

Best of luck!

www.InterviewBay.com
- Get Ready For The Interview
MBA ~ Finance ~ Consulting ~ Gen Mgmt

by Chin » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:27 pm
Thanks, I really appreciate the responses.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by tmino » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:01 pm
I think the further down you go in the rankings, the less important your work experience will become (as the quality of MBA programs decreases as well).

Some questions to ask yourself: Firstly, do you really think you are ready for bschool? If you have lots of work ex through running your own business during college (or something similar), and you really think you can contribute to class discussions and your peers can learn from you, then go ahead (HBS and Stanford are known to accept applicants with very little work ex - these programs are super competitive though). Also ask yourself if it's worth attending a top 30 program vs. a top 10 program (in terms of network, post-MBA employment, quality of peers, etc.). Then, keep in mind that with <1yr work ex, it could be very very hard to find a job post-MBA. You'll be competing with your peers who will have more experience. I don't want to sound too negative, but going for an MBA is a big decision in your life and you should make sure you're ready for it to get the most out of it.

A last comment: The LBS Masters in Management program is not an MBA. You will graduate with a masters, and will be hunting for the same jobs as undergrads with a business degree. You won't be competing for MBA level jobs.
MBAvolunteers - Application feedback in exchange for a donation to a non-profit
MBA Admission Requirements - All you need to know about getting into b-school

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
1. Can you get into the school.
and also the one people don't think about too much.
2. Can you get the job you want when you're done. When you're competing against people who have MBAs and job exp., how are you going to convince someone worthwhile to hire you? It is possible, just harder.

by Chin » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:42 am
1. I can get into a top 30 business. I am only 21 and a cofounder of my company. Good enough GPA, and would be taking the GMAT in a bit. Great recommendations from a Harvard alumni and an entrepreneur.

2. I will plan on applying for an internship/job between first year and second so I can have some legitimate job experience.

I just need the opportunity to show I can shine :D

BTW most people with wrk exper. are experiences not necessary in line with business management.