Pace University MBA

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Pace University MBA

by indecisive » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:51 pm
I'm interested in getting an MBA focusing on accounting. I have a very low undergrad GPA of a 2.3. If I get a really high GMAT score, take one or two accounting courses at a community college, and get good recommendations do you think that there is a chance for me to get accepted? I want to go to Pace University in NYC.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:24 pm
You can strengthen your chances for acceptance by getting an above average GMAT score (600+), earning A's in other accounting courses, and providing a good explanation of your low GPA. Additionally, the rest of your application will need to be very strong to balance out your GPA.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by indecisive » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:58 pm
I also have two years of work experience. I've worked at Standard and Poor's in a clerical position for a year. Would that help me out? Also would taking courses in an Accounting at a community college help me?

Legendary Member
GMAT Score:640

by AleksandrM » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:41 pm
Your work experience would probably help, though I am not sure how much leadership you have gained through your professional work. Maybe there are other areas in which you have exhibited leadership: extracurricular, volunteering, etc.

Accounting classes would show your commitment to the career track that you desire. However, it seems to me that you would be more interested in a masters in accounting rather than an MBA. Why did you choose an MBA, in particular? If you want to work in accounting, it is better to get an MSA or MAC rather than an MBA, because you would gain a far more technical knowledge.