US/EU Business school

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

US/EU Business school

by shiv » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:33 am
Hi,

I am very new joinee in this group and even newer to the process of selecting a Business School. Alright let me jump straight into the topic

I have been doing my research for Business school for the past 3-4 weeks and based on my research i could short list a few EU schools and two Asian schools. While selecting the schools i had taken various parameters into consideration and based on that i had shortlisted my schools.

When i sent the school list to a few of my MBA friends who have done great to their career by doing the MBA earlier, the response was , WE DO NOT SEE ANY US SCHOOLS IN YOUR LIST

Do you think that a MBA from EU and US school would be very different , considering that i was talking about the high ranked EU schools, SAID Business School, INSEAD, IMD. Also i had the Hong Kong business school in the list only because of the special programme that it offered(3 months in Wharton or LSB out of the 11 month course) and the great fee advantage. Can you please suggest if you see some drawback in this strategy.

Although i have to agree that i have not done enough research in US schools, plainly because all the good schools were very expensive and one more reason being i like my life style in Europe(London) and would be good to settle down in Europe.

Can you please give me some tips in taking the right steps here for selection of the B School?

The GMAT Score and ACademics are a completely different thought process altogether, but if i can first cross the first hurdle of selcting the school list then i can concentrate better on the next steps

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:05 pm
Hi Shiv,

I think your thought process is sound, and I would concentrate on finding the best target list for you. Only you know what is important to you, and I think you have been researching with your personal criteria in mind, which I think is logical.

As for the US school bias, if you are not planning to settle down in the US I think it's irrelevant for you. A school like INSEAD is well respected internationally, so even if you decide later to move to the US, I think you are still fine.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting