Tufts MIB (Master of International Business) Opinion?

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
I came across this program online and noticed that 2008 would be it's first class year.

It's a join program between Tuft's international policy and business school. However, they offer MIB/JD program too. I know Tuft's well known in the international policy/ foreign affair area, but how would this MIB degree be preceived comparing to other MBA program?

Also, they have join program with Haas, HBS, and CEIBs, all of which are great top 10 schools. Would this put Tuft's MIB program in the same range on the rank?

Thanks for your input!
INSEAD, NYU, Yale, Tufts...

Looking to get out of Audit

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by solaris » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:49 am
--edited--
sorry, I didn't realize this question was directed at Stacy/Amy, but here's my opinion nonetheless

Tufts does not have an accredited business school!

The Fletcher School is probably among the top 3 institutions in the country as far as international policy and public affairs are concerned, but the MIB (or the MALD) is no replacement for an MBA.

You need to consider your future goals and make an informed decision about whether an MIB or an MBA would be more appropriate. For what it's worth, you can take classes at a lot of top business schools (Tuck, HBS etc.) while a student at Fletcher, but that's about it really.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:35 pm
Hi wangs700,

I'm not familiar with MIB programs, and it's always hard to judge programs that have just begun. It may be an opportunity for you to be part of an innovative curriculum which could be great, but I think recruiting may be more challenging in a new program, and the alumni may not be established enough to help you.

Haas and HBS are obviously both great programs, CEIBS is a bit new to know how it will turn out.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting