Trium EMBA..? Anyone?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Trium EMBA..? Anyone?

by royg » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:34 pm
Hello All,

I am looking at the Trium EMBA program (www.triumemba.org) and it looks fairly good on paper.

Has anyone had any experience with them? What's the word on the street say...?

Thank you!

Legendary Member
Followed by:22 members

by throughmba » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:25 pm
We have a lot of applicants applying for Trium.

You can go forward with your queries.
ThroughMBA Consulting
The No. 1 B-School Admission Consulting of U.K. is now the most Affordable.

https://throughmba.com
email : [email protected]

Alex Wilkins
Senior Admission Consultant, ThroughMBA.com
Panelist | MBA Admissions Achievers Meet
Interviewer | MIT Sloan | Former
Management Consultant | McKinsey & Company | Former

"Regardless of who you are or what you have been, You can make what you want to be."

by PaulKWard » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:52 pm
I graduated from the TRIUM EMBA program in 2006 in London.

The program is a top program for two main reasons: You truly get the best that each of the three schools offer (the professors are actually eager to teach the students because the students are practitioners of global management at the highest levels); and the network is astonishing in its diversity and position.

From a detailed perspective, the curriculum when I took it was very well-integrated, challenging, and truly global - not just "international", but "comprehensive", bringing in the vertical range of management strategy, international finance, integrated risk management, marketing, and leadership, and the horizontal range of stakeholder management and sociopolitical/CSR and ethics concerns in a cross-cultural context.

It's non-stop work, though, and the workload is brutal. It's not for the inexperienced, nor for the person who wants a "part-time" EMBA - the pre-module and post-module work is very challenging. On the other hand, you get to study in groups (the groups change over time so you get very close to several sets of colleagues) and interact regularly with high-performing colleagues. Sample students: Head of EMEA for Microsoft, SVP of marketing for InBev, the fund manager for Qatar's sovereign fund, former head of Citi for West Africa, PE manager for Rothschild in Shanghai (who was formerly VP Carrefour in China), and on and on.

Followed by:1 members

by royg » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:46 am
Thanks Paul, It's very helpful to hear feedback from graduates.

A followup question if I may, did you take advantage of the alumni network? Also, do you feel that the TRIUM degree is well regarded in the job market?

I have the opportunity to go to Kellogg and TRIUM and I honestly dont know which one to choose. I like TRIUM for its global aspect but Kellogg has a stronger brand name and is better regarded in management consultancy. Any ideas how to compare between the two?

Cheers,
Roy

by shaafi » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:06 am
Hi Roy,

After an year, i am exactly in the same position as you were previous year. I am looking for EMBA Program and have shortlisted LSB, Kellog's, TRIUM and IESE.

I started my career with my own IT company and later on joined another company on a very senior position based on the experience I had from my own company.

Though i do feel i need to learn a lot how to run and manage business successfully.

I am not sure what you had decided finally, whether you had chosen Kellog's or TRIUM and how did you find the program.

Awaiting for your feedback.

thanks
Shaafi

by PPAF » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:59 am
Hello All,

I am applying for Trium EMBA September 2013 intake. I am working in a national donor organization (Microfinance). I want to switch my career from national to international level organzaition.What are the prospects of doing trium EMBA in this context? Are job fair conduct after/between Executive education as in case of regular MBA.

Thank You,

Bilal

by PaulKWard » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:14 pm
The TRIUM program is an excellent one for a candidate involved in microfinance. Microfinance by its nature has to organize around managing due diligence, integrated risk, cost of capital, cultural and regulatory concerns. These are precisely the main themes introduced in TRIUM, right up front. Also, no question, the mission-based nature of microfinance fits with the culture and pedagogy of TRIUM. This is not to say that other programs might not also provide these elements in their curriculum, but certainly TRIUM does, and then the question remains: What is the likelihood that the three sister institutions can execute well against the curriculum you seek?

Let me know how it goes: [email protected].

TRIUM 2006