Traders

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Traders

by deepesh.gupta » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:05 am
The analyst suggested that traders pay more attention to a broader measure of the money supply, known as M2, but still not to ignore standard indicators.

1) but still not to ignore
2) and not to ignore any longer
3) but that they still not ignore
4) and not that they continue to ignore
5) but that they are still not ignoring

Legendary Member
Followed by:4 members

by akhpad » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:31 am
The analyst suggested that traders pay more attention to a broader measure of the money supply, known as M2, but still not to ignore standard indicators.

3) but that they still not ignore

I would C is correct, parallel and concise.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:7 members

by grockit_andrea » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:15 am
I would also say that C is correct. A and B use the infinitive "to ignore," and so aren't parallel to "that traders pay," while D changes the meaning of the sentence and E incorrectly uses the present tense "are still not ignoring." C is parallel, consistent with the meaning of the sentence, and in the correct tense.
Andrea A.
Grockit Tutor
https://www.grockit.com

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by deepesh.gupta » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:32 pm
Thanks Andrea.

I thought there are two suggestions by the traders (marked in Red) and those should like "to...and not to". Can you please explain what wrong with my understanding?

grockit_andrea wrote:I would also say that C is correct. A and B use the infinitive "to ignore," and so aren't parallel to "that traders pay," while D changes the meaning of the sentence and E incorrectly uses the present tense "are still not ignoring." C is parallel, consistent with the meaning of the sentence, and in the correct tense.