TOEFL Speaking

You just Beat The TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge/PTE!
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:780

TOEFL Speaking

by Spaceman Spiff » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:36 pm
HELP!

My girlfriend is applying this cycle and is having some problem with the TOEFL. She's from China and before she came to the U.S. (appx. a year ago), she had very little knowledge of English. She's done well on the GMAT (730) but not so hot on the TOEFL (94 the first try, 98 the second). Her biggest problem is the speaking part (20 the first time, 19 the second). She has scheduled a 3rd exam for 2 weeks from now but with the first round closing in and the potential interviews after that, she's looking for the fastest way to improve her English.

She's enrolled in a language school which she goes to every day for 4-5 hrs and she hangs out with me and my friends very often but mostly listens rather than joining the convo (we're in law school so the convo is a bit boring perhaps).

Many thanks!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by Alina Ross » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:35 am
Spaceman Spiff wrote:HELP!

My girlfriend is applying this cycle and is having some problem with the TOEFL. She's from China and before she came to the U.S. (appx. a year ago), she had very little knowledge of English. She's done well on the GMAT (730) but not so hot on the TOEFL (94 the first try, 98 the second). Her biggest problem is the speaking part (20 the first time, 19 the second). She has scheduled a 3rd exam for 2 weeks from now but with the first round closing in and the potential interviews after that, she's looking for the fastest way to improve her English.

She's enrolled in a language school which she goes to every day for 4-5 hrs and she hangs out with me and my friends very often but mostly listens rather than joining the convo (we're in law school so the convo is a bit boring perhaps).

Many thanks!

Like I said earlier please do not play with your future. Check out the link for proper TOEFL Prep.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by zinc-750 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:45 am
I got a 120 on my TOEFL. so I thought I will write down what i did on a page to help others as well. find it at acethetoefl.blogspot.in you can also send me your essays and recorded practice responses for evaluation. i will be glad to do it for free, and tell you how to improve on it as well.