Timeline? I have not taken the GMAT yet

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members

Timeline? I have not taken the GMAT yet

by Yvette726 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:23 pm
Hi all,

I have finally decided to really start prepping and studying for the GMAT and am planning to take it by the end of the year. Provided that I will do well on the test, will I still have any chance for getting admitted for the 2013 class? (Full Time MBA).

Or will I pretty much have to wait for the next fall?

Thanks for your advice!!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by myEssayReview » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:33 pm
If you have not at all worked on any other part of the application package so far,and would now begin preparing for your GMAT scheduled for December end , you hardly have any time to apply in the Round -2. Unless you are super keen to apply in Round -3, I would suggest you to give yourself more prep time and apply in the next Fall.
If you find my post helpful, please let me know by pushing the thank button.
myEssayReview- A personalized and dedicated essay review service
https://myessayreview.com/
Email:[email protected]

by bingo » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:11 am
Some round 2 deadlines are in January, so you can probably make it. Keep in mind you don't have to wait for the official GMAT score to apply.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:41 members

by Marc@AcceptU » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:06 am
It depends on your schedule. If you can work concurrently on your applications with studying for the GMAT, I'd say it's possible to get applications in for Round 2 in January. If not, I'd recommend holding off until next year.
Marc Zawel
Founder, AcceptU
Admissions counseling from former MBA admissions officers.

Learn more about AcceptU or sign up for a complimentary
MBA admissions assessment

by sagar@jk » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:53 am
Yes, you will have a chance to 'apply' with a slim possibility of being admitted. Since you plan to take up your GMAT, say in December, the results will be out by the end of January. That means you have lost the most fertile Round 1 of admissions and will have little time or may be no time to apply for the more competitive Round 2. This leaves you with cutthroat competition or sometimes even sterile Round 3. Therefore, it will be better if you apply for the Round 1 of the next batch. Although the institutes claim that applying in any of the three rounds does not affect your application status. However, practically, most seats are filled in Round 1 itself. Several institutes even offer scholarships and apprenticeship to be availed in this round. Round 2 aims to fill up whatever seats are left out. By Round 3, hardly any seats are left. Therefore, apply early is the ground rule for getting the college of your choice.
Sagar
JK Masters & Career
MBA Admission Consulting for International Applicants

by Yvette726 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:15 am
Thanks for everyone's advice. Looks like it might be my best bet to look into admission to the next school year.