The new MGMAT books are here

This topic has expert replies
Community Manager
Followed by:2 members

The new MGMAT books are here

by GCHall840 » Tue May 01, 2007 8:14 pm
I went to the MGMAT website today where I saw that they have finally put out their new Critical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension strategy guides. They are both sold separately, too. I also noticed that they have also put out their new "simulated" test-scratch paper that is like the real "scratch paper" given by Pearson when you take the real GMAT.
I may purchase all of those items because they might come in handy in my prep process, too.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: The new MGMAT books are here

by beatthegmat » Tue May 01, 2007 10:03 pm
GCHall840 wrote:I went to the MGMAT website today where I saw that they have finally put out their new Critical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension strategy guides. They are both sold separately, too. I also noticed that they have also put out their new "simulated" test-scratch paper that is like the real "scratch paper" given by Pearson when you take the real GMAT.
I may purchase all of those items because they might come in handy in my prep process, too.
Please let us know what you think about these materials if you decide to purchase/use them! I know that you are a big fan of MGMAT, and I'd be interested in hearing your opinion as to whether these new texts live up to the company's reputation.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Community Manager

the new MGMAT CR and RC strategy guides

by GCHall840 » Wed May 02, 2007 9:09 pm
I went to Barnes and Noble online today, but they don't have the new MGMAT critical reasoning and reading comprehension strategy guides, yet. I live near a big Barnes and Noble Bookstore, so I want to buy them there. I would have to buy the simulated scratch paper from MGMAT.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by itobean » Tue May 08, 2007 7:33 am
The scrap paper they give you are the plastic paper-like things. Actually you know what it reminded me of....the transparency sheets that professors use! You get a pen like that too and you can't erase them....they can only be erased with Windex. But you get a cool spiral-bound thing of them....more than enough to take the test with!!!

Let me know how different those workbooks are from the previous ones!

Becky

Legendary Member

by Neo2000 » Thu May 10, 2007 4:11 pm
I just wanted to know how does the release of new books change/affect the old situation wherein purchase of the books came with an access code for 6tests on the MGMAT site.

Please clarify

Thank you.

Community Manager

The new MGMAT books

by GCHall840 » Thu May 10, 2007 7:28 pm
I went to the MGMAT website today where I looked at the list of their new strategy guides for sale. It says that each one of the new strategy guides comes with a code for access to the online practice sets that pertain to each subject area. For example, if you purchase the new number properties strategy guide, you will get an access code so that you can complete the online practice set on number properties.

Greg

Legendary Member

by Neo2000 » Thu May 10, 2007 8:32 pm
I guess those are with the new books. I have the old books for the SC and CR/RC

Community Manager

The old MGMAT books

by GCHall840 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:04 pm
I don't think that you would get access to the new, online practice sets unless you buy the new strategy guides.

Legendary Member

by Neo2000 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:32 pm
That's ok. As long as I get access to the old ones still.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Mon May 28, 2007 9:45 pm
Yes, if you have an old book, you will still get access to the old question banks. And, yes, you'll only get access to the new material with the new books. :)
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by mrohekar » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:00 pm
Please can someone tell me what would be the UK delivery charges for ordering all the 8 MGMAT books.

I cannot find any UK site that will dispatch these books out.

Legendary Member

by Neo2000 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:52 pm
Ebay.com will ship to the UK.