Targetting 700+

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Targetting 700+

by Aimhigh » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:53 pm
Read some latest great success stories on this forum and really inspired a lot. All these success stories say it is surely a difficult path.

I have my exam scheduled on Jan 3rd. Being a travel consultant with hectic schedules, so far I am able to just brush up my basic skills. I haven't given any test exams so far but I clearly know SC and RC are most challenging areas for me and haven't started them yet. Luckily I will work remotely for all those 3 weeks before my exam, so I am hoping that I can fully concentrate on my preparation. As I haven't much time left I need to better utilize my efforts and valuable time for next 3 weeks.

I want to be connected with this forum so that I feel I am with a group and get motivated. Sharing any tips and your valuable experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:08 pm
Hi Aimhigh,

Welcome to the Forums; there's a great community of people here, so you should take full advantage and post any questions that you have. Unfortunately, 3 weeks is not much time to prepare for the GMAT, so you might have to change your plan a bit (most Test Takers spend 3+ months on their studies). A 700+ score represents the 90th percentile, meaning that 90% of Test Takers either CAN'T or WON'T do what it takes to succeed. We need to have a better idea of your strengths and weaknesses, so I recommend that you take a FULL GMAT CAT (you can download 2 for free from www.ma.com). A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you have set aside enough time to do so. With those scores, we'll have a much better sense of your current abilities and what you'll need to focus on.

Since you have a score goal in mind, have you thought about what schools you might be interested in?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:56 am
Hi Aimhigh,

There's one golden rule for all the competitive exams. It ain't over until its over. There can be many surprised while you take the actual GMAT as well. But you cannot let anything hassle you till you finish the exam. Train yourself to stay focused throughout the duration of the exam. That will be the key to success and nothing else.

Besides, to be able to improve your score, try this. Pick up as many mock tests as possible and start practicing. The key here is how much time you spent in analyzing your performance and then improving on the same. Typically, if you spend 2 hours giving a mock test, spend at least 4-5 hours in analyzing your performance. Go over each and every question and figure out a better, smarter and a faster way to solve them. Take a note of these points and then make sure you apply them in the next test. Keep doing this consistently and you will see your score reaching the target score.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you would have any other specific question about GMAT preparation and we would be happy to guide.

Wish you the best.