Study Preparation

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Study Preparation

by gabriel16 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:00 am
Good morning/afternoon/evening depending on when you are reading this. I recently purchased the MGMAT guides and I must admit that I am very impressed with the content. I also went ahead and purchased the CAT tests on the MGMAT website. I have been studying for about 2 months now and I feel like I am running around in circles. I simply cannot decided what type of strategy is best -- i.e. study only math then move onto verbal, switch on and off topics each day, break my studies down my MGMAT Book, etc. Any suggestions you might have are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:22 am
Hi gabriel16,

I think when you should do is study in accordance to your practice exam results. This means running assessment reports on exams you have already completed, analyzing the results to discover which subjects covered on the exam are your relative weaknesses, and then studying those concepts in our Strategy Guides.

Each time you sit down to study, make sure that you switch off between math and verbal commensurate to your weaknesses. Hence, if you're strong in verbal and weak in math, spend relatively more time studying math, but also remember to spend some time studying the verbal section. This will help train your mind to deal with both types of problems in one sitting, which is exactly what will be asked of you when you take your real GMAT.

Additionally, if the books you bought have serial codes on the back inside cover, you are eligible to receive the CAT Exams for free. If this is the case, please e-mail [email protected] and we'll refund the money you spent on the CAT exams.

I hope this helps a bit. Just let me know if you need anything else.

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628