Student life in UCLA FEMBA Flex / UNC Kenan-Flagler Online

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hey all!

I'm considering applying to the UCLA and UNC online/online hybrid programs to allow greater flexibility. UCLA only requires 4 visits per quarter and UNC is completely online. I am located in Chicago (considering Kellogg/Booth as well).

Can any UCLA FEMBA Flex and UNC Online students speak to their experience with their program in terms of student body engagement? Do you feel like you are gaining a strong network - the benefit of a traditional MBA program?

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:720

by Admit1MBA » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:44 am
Hi there,
I've heard positive stories from my students who went to UCLA FEMBA.
The best way to learn more about the program is to reach out to students directly, and also to the school - they can usually arrange for you to speak with current student and alumni. You can often find students' contact info on the website.

Reaching out to the schools also indicates that you are serious about the process and therefore increase your chances of admissions. The EMBA/online programs are more approachable than the full-time, so don't be shy.

Why not Chicago or Kellogg weekend/evening programs? Or EMBA if you're qualified...If you're planning to stay in the Chicago area (or Midwest), these are stronger brands than those of UNC/UCLA.

Also, the online MBA is great but a big part of what you get in the MBA is the network and relationships, which are not as strong in an online MBA. You just want to take all these factors into consideration - you'll probably only going to pursue one MBA, so spend your time and money wisely.

Best,
Yael
www.admit1mba.com

If this answer was helpful please press the Thanks button

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:33 pm
Why are you not considering a FT program? You will get way more out of the FT program, especially if you are looking for a new job or career.