Struggling with CR - Help

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:740

Struggling with CR - Help

by nchaswal » Mon May 30, 2016 8:59 am
Dear Experts

I am really struggling with the CR section. I am sure my basics are not right. In my last GMAT Prep Mock I got number of CR questions wrong.I am not able to understand the argument fully and selecting wrong answers totally while spending decent amount of time in my mocks.

I want to increase my accuracy. Please help how can I kill the CR section & streamline my thought process for CR? What should I do for strengthening CR section? What sources should I refer?
It is GMAT. So what?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:770

by OptimusPrep » Mon May 30, 2016 8:08 pm
nchaswal wrote:Dear Experts

I am really struggling with the CR section. I am sure my basics are not right. In my last GMAT Prep Mock I got number of CR questions wrong.I am not able to understand the argument fully and selecting wrong answers totally while spending decent amount of time in my mocks.

I want to increase my accuracy. Please help how can I kill the CR section & streamline my thought process for CR? What should I do for strengthening CR section? What sources should I refer?
Hi nchaswal,
I am posting my response from the other thread where you posted the same issue.

In your studies so far, what preparatory course/book have you used?
When do you plan to take the GMAT?

CR can be improved by pre-thinking. Read the question stem first and then the argument. This will help you comprehend the argument in the light of the question stem.

Try to drill down on which problem types are troubling you and then make a focussed attempt to improve those:
There might be certain types of questions that are troubling you. May be Assumption, may be conclusion, inference etc. You need to find that out and then practice them.