Scored 770... Now what??

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Scored 770... Now what??

by kickvick » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:35 am
Hi guys,

I took the GMAT on 2nd August in Mumbai. I scored 770 (50, 44) on the test though I think I could have done better in the quant section. Nevertheless, I am quite relieved to have obtained this score as I think that it might be a descent score for most schools.

This is the first time I am writing on this forum. Infact, I came to know about this forum at the test center itself, when a fellow test taker told me about it (Dude, if u read this please reply, we met in the bathroom!!!).

I see that a lot of people have shared there valuable experiences and suggestions for preparation and I feel that had I visited this forum before the test, it would have definitely benefitted my preparation.

Well, I come from an engineering background. So, naturally quant was my stronger section of the two (and I think I paid a price for complacency at the test). My job involves a lot of travel, both national and international. So, it was difficult for me to devote exclusive time for prepartion and thus kept stalling the exam till i could delay it no further. Thus, i took a date and studied for 15-17 days before taking the exam.

Now, I have begun research on the schools that I would be applying to. But, i seem to be getting lost here a bit and this is where I need some guidance from the relatively experienced and informed members of the community.

First of all, i dont seem to know which ranking to follow and most are starkingly different from each other. I have a vague idea of the schools i want to apply to but am unable to decide whether I make a good fit with the school and how good my chances would be. HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM is my first question.

Secondly, is it recommend to hire the services of an admissions consultant/counsellor for review of essays and the application? Can someone recommend a good consultant who might help me just review and edit my essays in Mumbai (or Delhi for that matter)??

Any comments or suggestions are most welcome.. All the best to the test-takers in the near future!! Hope for an active participation in the forum...

Cheers guys!!!

Vick

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by zagcollins » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:34 am
hey dude looks like you've made it from the bathroom.... :D i bombed the test..big time...good on your score though..hold on...the experts will comment on ur post....good score....keep it up! for an admission consultant, go to geebee education....opp andheri west railway station...cant miss em....

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by kickvick » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:06 am
Thanks for the reply zagcollins... what happened with ur test?? are u taking it again? PM me ur phone number and we can talk!!!

Abt the consultant, have you hired the services of geebee education?? Do u hav their contact number?

Take it easy and cheers dude 8)

Vick