Scored 680 - Is that enough ?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:680

Scored 680 - Is that enough ?

by NewMBAaspirant » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:32 am
Hi,

I gave my Gmat a few days back and screwed it badly. Scored 680(Q49,V33). Wanted to know if this is enough or should i appear for it again?

I am an Indian, did my engineering in 2004 and since then i am employed in a software company, so its an experience of 4.5 years.

My accads are as listed:
HSC : 87.2%
SSC : 81.8%
BE degree : 82.3 % (Honours) in Information technology from a good engineering institute.

My extracurricular are not exceptional but are above avarage. Specially in sports and painting. I too have an overseas(UK) job experience of 1 year when i worked for our European client.

I am aiming for colleges which include Indian school of business, Stern, NUS, INSEAD, Stern, Tuck and a few more.

Is 680 enough or should i go for another shot at GMAT.

Please guide me ?

Legendary Member
Followed by:7 members

by Cindy Tokumitsu » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:04 am
Hello,

Given your profile as you presented it, I’d conclude that the GMAT should be higher to have a reasonable shot at the schools you mention. Your score is not low to the point where it would be a disqualifier by any means, but the expectation would be higher for your demographic and industry groups.

Because you are in a segment that is essentially over-represented to the top MBA programs, I suggest taking some time now to thoughtfully develop an application strategy that differentiates you and makes you stand out specifically among Indian IT applicants.

Good luck with your plans --

Best regards,
Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Editor, Accepted.com
www.Accepted.com