Schools that are good at Human Resource management

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Hi Stacey et al,

I have searched for business schools for HR program but I was unable to judge the schools how good they are for that program. Hence, I was enforced to request for this help.

Could you please provide the list of business schools that are good offering HR?

Also kindly let me know a few schools that are good at HR but can accept applicants who have the score of 650 around and 2 years of work ex? I know this is not the correct way of asking the question but please consider this as basic information using which the applicant can be competitive enough to apply for the business schools.

Please provide me information for my above two questions.

thanks so much for your advanced response.

Kiran

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Dear Kiran,

HR is not a common career path for MBAs, so many schools do not offer many HR-specific electives and students tend to have more of a general management focus in their MBA programs. I would suggest looking into schools that offer a Master of Science in Human Resources Management degree in addition to a MBA degree. These schools will generally have the more specific electives you need. Likewise, you might consider getting your MS HRM instead.

Having said that, I think it is possible to pursue and be successful in HR with a general management MBA from many schools. Thus you should also look at MBA programs with strong general management programs with GMAT averages in the 600-660 range (assuming all other applications components are strong) for your best chance of admission.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me