Scholarship Questions

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Scholarship Questions

by Schrute Beets » Tue May 13, 2008 6:18 pm
Thanks again to Eric and everyone else at Beat the GMAT for establishing these scholarships! I am excited about submitting my application tomorrow night.

I have a few questions regarding the selection criteria for the scholarships:

1) Are winners selected according to need, merit, or a combination of both? Will any recipients be selected primarily based on one criterion or the other?

2) Do references need to be bosses/ professors, or can they also be co-workers/ classmates?

3) Can we include information about our backgrounds and achievements (that is not already included in the essays) within the e-mail, or will nothing other than the information requested on the scholarships page be considered?

I hope that these questions will help some other users out there who, like me, are trying to perfect their applications before tomorrow night!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Tue May 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Happy to answer your questions!

1. We judge our winners on a variety of parameters--need and merit are certainly important elements to your total application package. No one criteria is more important than another, although I will say that if you don't follow the rules in submitting your app, we won't consider it.

2. References don't necessarily have to be superiors. They can be colleagues.

3. We would prefer that you don't include more content/materials beyond the ones we request. But if you have some really compelling info to share, you can include it but please keep it brief. We've got a lot of apps to read!

Thanks and good luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school