Reviews needed for Admissions Consultants in India

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I am applying for the 2016 season to B-schools in the USA and Canada.
I would like to know if any of you have used the services of the following admissions consultants.

1. MBA Crystal Ball
2. Admissions Gateway
3. MBAdream.in
4. August Academy

Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by HBSAlumPE » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:09 am
As an Indian applicant, I found Personal MBA Coach due to the strong track record with Indians. I worked with Scott Edinburgh and I could not have been happier! Scott offers an incredible personal experience that is very hard to find. The fact that you are working with an individual and not a company cannot be emphasized enough. Don't be fooled by the big company name / support services that some larger firms have. At the end of the day you work with one person most of the time so why not work directly with an expert for the same price rather than an employee of a larger firm?

I hired a more well known name referenced on here and was not satisfied as the support died off as it got closer to the deadlines. I then reached out to Scott via www.personalmbacoach.com and was floored by the level of support I got. While we only had a short amount of time since I contacted him late, he took the time to get to know me personally and professionally and he was the one coming up with essay topics after just a couple discussions. Scott is quite tough and it works out in the end. In a very short amount of time, we did an entire HBS application and I ultimately got in. (As well as a couple other programs I turned down)

With Personal MBA Coach, you get a great balance of no BS, direct and brutal feedback while at the same time you have encouraging support throughout the entire process. Whereas with the other more well-known name I felt like I was a number in the process, Scott brainstormed everything with me from start to finish. Scott is a hidden gem in the admissions consulting space and I have sent many friends to him over the years who also had great success!

There are certainly cheaper options out there, but its not worth the savings! They are cheaper for a reason. You will be spending a lot of money on your MBA, so it doesn't make sense to sacrifice your future to save a few thousand now.